The Institute was founded by Maurice Quinlan, the current Director, who introduced the concept of Occupational Alcohol Programmes (OAPs) to the European Union and in September 1980 hosted the first seminar on this topic in the Clarence Hotel, Dublin, Ireland.
In 1985 he established the first external Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) in Kilkenny, Ireland. In 2018 he developed a new model of Employee Support Services (ESS) to comply with developing employee counselling legislative trends in the 27 EU member States.
The Institute has provided training in Ireland, Scotland, London, Switzerland, Italy and Greece. The Institute also acted as consultants to the International Labour Organisation (ILO) on prevention and assistance training on alcohol and drug problems for the countries of India, Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Philippines.
EAP Institute Advisory Group and Speakers 2021
- Maurice Quinlan, Director EAP Institute, Waterford Ireland
- Irene Kenny BA, Personal Assistant, EAP Institute, Waterford
- Bryan Hurley, Technologies Consultant, HelloWorld, Waterford
- Donald G. Jorgensen, Ph.D., CEAP Human Factor Consulting, Arizona, USA
- Finbarr Stapleton, Antaris Consulting, Limerick
Website development for online trading supported by Lynda Lawton Waterford Chamber Commerce, and Enterprise Ireland, Design and construction by Bryan Hurley HelloWorld Waterford
Dr. Don Jorgensen