- Thursday 5th and Thursday 12th May 2022 (10am - 1pm)
Thursday, May 5, 2022 - Thursday, May 12, 2022
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Online Certified Learning Programme in 2 sections
- Thursday 5th May 2022 (10am – 1pm)
- Thursday 12th May 2022 (10am – 1pm)
About this course
Workplace mental health is now classed as a disability and employers are required under the Employment Equality Act 1998/2015 to provide reasonable accommodation for employees with mental health disabilities.
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) have taken the lead and are declaring that workplace mental health is now a safety issue and that its members are well placed to respond. IOSH is urging its members to think safety, compliance, risk assessments, and employee support therapy to address the mental health issues that are now impacting the workplace.
Certified Training Certificate of attendance presented by the EAP Institute will be sent by post and the PowerPoint will be sent by email.
Continuing Professional Development Awards
Professional Development Hours (P.D.H.’s) will be awarded by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission (EACC) for attendance.
IOSH CPD Points
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) members will be able to allocate CPD points to the course at the rate of 3 points per course day.
• Those attending will learn about employer’s legal obligations and steps required to comply with the law.
• How to conduct a mental health risk assessments for all mental health risks and providing reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities.
• Defining limits of Manager’s role in relation to managing poor performance and signposting employees to appropriate mental health professionals and community based resources, for support.
Maurice is a frequent contributor to many national and international publications including a report on EAP's in Ireland published in the 3rd Edition of the International Employee Assistance Compendium. He was also one of the selected scholar practitioners to contribute to the publication on the Integration of Employee Assistance, Work Life and Wellness Services by the Hayworth Press.